The Final Harvest - New Years Eve Lunch Celebration
TIME: 12pm - 3pm
LOCATION: Nourish’d Observatory (186 Lower Main Rd. Observatory)Join the Nourish’d familiá for a bountiful vegan harvest table on new years eve (LUNCHTIME).Come and indulge in dishes never before seen, exotic salads and mouth-watering pastries, decadent desserts and refreshing mock-tails. Load up your plates from the mountains of deliciousness and dine in the soft light of the afternoon sun. Release the year that’s past in the smudging smoke of white sage and welcome in the new year feeling Nourish’d.THE FOOD:
• Beetroot Carpaccio: Tender young beetroot marinated in a zingy herby dressing.
• Vietnamese Spring Rolls: Buttery rice-paper rolls filled with a medley of crisp and flavourful summer veg, served with a punchy peanut-miso dipping sauce.
• Mushroom & Quinoa Stuffed Roast Butternut: Caramelised roast butternut stuffed with spiced quinoa and wild mushrooms, served with a balsamic reduction.
• Watermelon Salad: A tantalising mix of perfectly ripe, fresh watermelon accompanied by spicy rocket and radish slivers.
• Thandori Cauliflower: Crispy baked cauliflower dusted with thandori spices and served with cooling coconut yoghurt mint raita.
• Vegan Spanakopita: A creamy mix of coconut mylk and garden spinach wrapped in flaky filo pastry.
• Bruschetta: Crunchy Italian bruschetta topped with homemade olive tapenade and fresh olive oil.
• Pesto Pasta Salad: A chilled pesto pasta salad with smoky sun-dried tomatoes and toasted cashew flakes.
• Mexican Platter: A spicy medley of crispy nachos, creamy and herbaceous guacamole, cashew nut sour cream and homemade salsa.
• Polenta: Crispy shallow-fried polenta cakes served with homemade onion and balsamic marmalade.
• Granita: An authentically Sicilian lemon granita served with mint syrup and cucumber crisps.
• Chocolate Brownie: A decadent double-dark-chocolate brownie baked to crispy outer-perfection with a mouth-watering melted centre. Served alongside a creamy vegan vanilla-bean ice cream.
• Vegan Tiramisu: A Nourish’d take on a layered Italian classic including rich roasted coffee, silky nut-based cream, homemade biscuits and raw cacao.
• Cheese & Fruit Platter: A collection of the countries finest vegan cheeses served alongside fresh & preserved fruit, herbs and finger-foods.
Now really if that doesn’t get your mouth watering we’re not sure what will. The afternoon promises a relaxed and sharing atmosphere and an opportunity to celebrate all the joys of what 2019 has brought and release what no longer serves. It is our humble wish that you move into the new decade feeling support, joy and nourishment. Tickets: R200/ppHere’s to a 2020 filled with plants, people and food!Love, Nourish’d